After mild panic when half of the crew (the five of us; James, Heba, Megan, Tim and I stood out like big 'ole tourists) was dropped off on the wrong side of the expansive New Delhi train station, we were off with fairly little excitement. The train was very nice but I know that we paid top dollar to be in first class with A/C. It was so nice to get outside of Delhi and Gurgaon to see what Indian countryside looks like. For the most part, the state of Punjab reminded me of California. Green fields divided by roads. From the train window, I looked back to Delhi and caught the sunset. The sky was an amazing palate of vibrant purple, orange and pink. Sadly, I was reminded that very polluted air causes the brilliant colors.
Since it was my birthday weekend, Megan and I splurged on a very nice B&B that was just perfect. Transport from the train depot was arranged and we were welcomed with a cup of tea. For the first time in over a week, it was quiet. No noise at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment