The flights (SFO to Munich and then to Delhi) were long but I slept through most of it. The highlight of the journey was sitting next to Jimmy, a former Tibetan monk (his monastery was outside of Nice, France) who was making his way to Dharmasala India (this is where the Tibetan government lives in exile) where he and his wife now live. These days, Jimmy leads meditation retreats all over the world and talking to him helped ease me into the many juxtapositions of India.
After traveling for 22 hours, I feel pretty good and even went into the office for a half day, though I am starting to crash. Driving through Gurgaon has been the biggest adventure. I have yet to see the $2,500 car but I have seen goats, cows, rickshaws, jam packed buses and a BMW.
The living situation is very nice. Marble floors, a huge walk in closet and there is bathtub with jets in the bathroom. Oh, and three men live in a room off the kitchen. The cook, Abdul, has made a big impression. He came to my bedroom to introduce himself and he also did a bit of supervision when cable tv was being installed. Abdul has also taken it upon himself to teach me some Hindi.
Overall, I am very happy that I'm here and really excited about this adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i want someone to supervise when my TV is installed!!!
Post a Comment