It's almost too good to be true but there is an organic farm just 45 minutes away from where I live. This morning after yoga (love my yoga class!!) instead of heading home, Amit and I continued heading south on the Delhi-Jaipur highway to the "French Farm." The farm is not too far from the highway but arguably in the middle of nowhere. It was started 16 years ago by a Frenchman who left the military and moved to India.When I decided to drive out to the farm I envisioned something like a very small farmers market, where produce would be on display and there would be coolers with some fresh meat. Instead I got a personal tour of a working farm including a look at the pregnant pigs and baby chicks. They have imported Peking ducks from China, roosters from Africa and pigs from the US; quite a cosmopolitan farm. I did feel a bit guilty thinking of bacon as I looked at the pigs but as I walked away with $50 of free range chicken breast, rocket salad, fresh rosemary and mint the guilt slid away. Tonight I plan to make roasted potatoes, chicken breast and salad and this will be the second meal I will cook since January (the first being pasta when I was in the states for the 4th of July).
No comments:
Post a Comment