Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Morning

To my delight, the brand spanking new airport in Hyderabad has a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Café open at 5.30am. This morning I ordered a non-fat latte with a beaming smile on my face and enjoyed each sip immensely. As much as I love my morning cup of chai, I like lattes better and I’ll be dreaming of Martha Bros for a couple of nights.

When I got back to Gurgaon I saw monkeys at the toll plaza. I’ve read stories about unruly packs of monkeys in Delhi but have only seen a few around the city and none, prior to today, in Gurgaon (there was one adorable pet monkey in Agra…it was straddled, arms clasped around its owner's waist on a motorbike….).

All this happened before 9am. Let’s just say it’s been an active Tuesday morning and today, April 15th, marks my three month anniversary of living in India. The time has flown and it has already been a life changing experience.

PS I have approx 10 postings pent up to describe my trip around India with ME and my plan is to put them up in chronological order so if you want to read about that trip, you’ll have to dig into the archives at a later point in time.

No comments: