A simple list of what saw over in 8 days in Dublin. Technically, I only had 3 days to sight see because I was working the other 5....so if you are familiar with Dublin, you should be impressed. This is in chronological order:
Trinity College - kids these days.....
Grafton Street - American consumerism has been imported; love Brown Thomas
St Stephen's Green - urban park with blooming tulips
Temple Bar - "cultural center" with a lot going on, including a farmers markets and...
The Stags Head - a proper Irish pub with Guinness on tap
Dun Laoghaire - shouted at a violent sea and met NorCal bakery couple at a farmers market
Glendalough, Wicklow Mountains - hiked in the mist and rain
Guinness Stock House - a freshly brewed pint high above the Dublin skyline
Malahide - sadly the castle was closed but the beach was fabulous
Grand Canal - one long walk and one short jog; convinced me that I could live in Dublin
Book of Kells - great museum exhibit; wonderful ornate pages
Dalkey - played with dogs on the beach...again, fabulous
The Mermaid Cafe - dinner date with myself
Many thanks to Tim for showing me around; both on foot as well as in his new Audi A3. My parting wish is that whenever I return to Dublin, I will swim in the Irish Sea with his father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment