I have a cold....nothing too horrible, but I'm congested and have a bit of a sore throat. A couple days ago I decided that I wanted some medicine and was totally lost. For my entire life, the first call at the slightest onset of illness, was to my mother, a nurse practitioner. I could describe my symptoms and she would hand me a pill, I never really had to figure much out.
The grocery store didn't carry medicine and when I asked at work the two possible symptoms could be fever or aches. Congestion was not an option. For fever or aches I could take combiflam or sinarest. These were my options.
The first time I heard the word combiflam I laughed out loud. It sounds more like an extra special Mexican dessert. Taken out of context medicine names are pretty funny.
I went with combiflam for Wednesday and Thursday. Friday night medicine is Kingfisher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment